Wednesday 21 March 2012

Natural FOTD

I consider myself very un-photogenic- my pictures hardly ever fail to make me think "What the hell is this???" and then hope that I look at least a little bit better in real life. Coupled with my lack of decent camera, I have to admit that FOTD's are a bit of a pain to me- it takes me ages to take a photo that doesn't make me feel bad about myself, and even then they are less than flawless. Or maybe I should just get some self esteem?
This is one of the rare looks that I wanted to take a photo of- I hardly ever wear natural style make -up, I mostly go for bold, bright colours, or don't bother at all, except some perfunctory eyeliner. I have tried to attempt a soft, neutral look based around pastel pink for ages, but it always turned out a little too bright.
This time, I felt like it was very subtle and nice, just how I wanted it:
Again, this picture makes me scrutinise my face a little too closely, and find that my nose is too big, and that I look a bit cross- eyed (not to mention my disheveled hair) . OK, I'll stop with my insecurities, and get on with my post.
My favourite thing about this FOTD is my lipgloss (ELF luscious liquid lipstick  lipstick in Pink Lemonade, which I wrote about in my haul post). It makes my lips look glossy and hides the terrible state they are in, whilst imparting some soft pink colour on them.
Face: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in and Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in Lilas d'Or. I love Lilas d'Or for a quick flush of pink when I am short of time. 

Eyes: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Static (from The Maggie Collection that I bought in Debenhams, link), a silver with a hint of taupe in the inner corner of the eye, Avon Golden Twilight eyeshadow quad on the rest of the eye (light lilac all over the lid and dark purple in the crease and under lower lashes). I didnt take any pictures of this quad, but the colours in it are pretty basic, and I only used them for light definition. 17 Peepshow Mascara on upper lashes)
Lips: As mentioned before, ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade.

This is to show off the subtle blusher. Also, this picture makes me look very hairy. I need Jolen in my life.

The best thing about this FOTD? It took me around 15 minutes to throw this together- I did my foundation in five minutes whilst I was getting ready for uni, and did the rest of my look on the train. Avon quads have a decent mirror in them and their applicators would do in a pinch. Lilas d'Or is very easy to apply and hard to overdo, and ELF's Luscious Liquid Lipstick had a very useful applicator, which makes application a breeze. I simply twist the pen and wait for the lipgloss to come up on the foam applicator pad and then paint it on my lips easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment