Tuesday 13 December 2011

My November Favourites

This is a quick post about the make-up products I enjoyed last month.


1 Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.

I think its the closest thing to a HG foundation that I have. Easy to blend, light, and wearable, it covers minor skin imperfections well, and yet feels like I am wearing nothing. The awesome fruity smell is an added bonus- I really like the scent, its light and pleasant. I'm not sure if it lives up to its claims of "boosting radiance", I don't think that my skin feels any different from wearing it. Still, its a lovely product that I want to repurchase. If only it cost less that £11 :/


2 Avon Super Magnify Mascara.
It became my everyday use mascara - it separates and defines lashes well, and the slim, long brush is easy to use even in a hurry. It doesn't give you dramatic lashes that looks like falsies, but for a natural, defined look it very good. It also builds up well, without clumping - the tiny, soft bristles comb them out easily. I use as many as 5 coats sometimes. It retails for around £8-£10, but I bought it for £3.50 on sale.

3 Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in Lilas D'Or
Another lovely Bourjois product! Its a soft, rosy pink with gold shimmer that gives a natural rosy flush. The gold shimmer seems chunky in the pan, but it looks very subtle on the skin, and adds a bit of glow to it.
Many people find the brush included a bit useless, but I find that it fits the shape of my cheekbones perfectly and is soft enough for a comfortable application. Plus, its very cute! I am not the biggest fan of heavy rose smell, its a bit too strong for me.

4 Soap and Glory Cheekmate
This is the easiest lip-and-cheek stain I ever used! Its gel texture is easy to apply and blend, and I love how pigmented it is. Its easy to go overboard with this, but as long as its used sparingly, its nice. Especially for girls with darker skin. It retails for £8 in Boots and Soap and Glory website. The tube is tiny, but a little goes a long way! It smells of.. nothing! Which is nice for people who don't like their make-up to smell of anything

5 And finally, two eyeshadows: MUA in shade 8(Pearl),  beautiful aqua-turqouise, and Wet'n'Wild trio in  Spoiled Brat (That I won in Lipglossiping's giveaway) that consists of three colours- silver foil, matte black with sparkles, and pink with soft shimmer. 
MUA is very vibrant and soft, and lasts well even without a primer. Considering its tiny price tag, I am impressed. 
W'n'W trio is also soft, and blendable, with amazing pigmentation. It lasts fairly well and fades evenly. I just wish W'n'W was available in UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment